QUARTZ AND QUARTEX TIDE CLOCK MOTORS/MOVEMENTS AND PARTS INFORMATION
NOTE: OUR TIDE CLOCKS AND TIDE CLOCK MOTORS WORK BEST FOR THE ATLANTIC OCEAN AND ITS SURROUNDING WATERWAYS
DUE TO THEIR SEMIDIURNAL TIDES (2 high/2 low tides per day).
1. If making a new TIDE clock, measure the thickness of your dial or case to make sure you have enough shaft length to go
through the case.
2. If replacing an existing tide clock motor, remove non-working motor and compare your dimensions to our specs to select the
correct TIDE movement.
3. The TM7.8 movement is designed to SNAP into the two tabs on the back of some tide clocks or can be glued.
4. The TM5.2, TM15.4, 130T, 160T, 101090, and 100480 have threaded shafts (5/16 inch diameter) and come with rubber spacing
washer, brass washer, and brass hex nut. The 130T, 160T, 101090, and 100480 also come with a brass cap nut.
5. All our motors are shipped with a cap pin or a cap nut. The 130T, 160T, 101090, and 100480 can use EITHER a cap pin or a cap nut.
6. Different sizes and shapes of cap pins may be viewed in our Clock Hardware & Accessories page (see link at bottom of page)
7. Hands are not included with our motors but may be ordered separately below.
8. Tide movement dimensions: 2 1/8" wide X 2 1/8" high X 5/8" deep
9. Requires one new "AA" alkaline battery - not included.
NOTE: TOTAL SHAFT LENGTH WITH CAP NUT OR PIN CAP INSTALLED WILL ADD APPROXIMATELY 1/16" to 1/8" IN OVERALL SHAFT LENGTH.